The admissions process begins once the College has received a completed application form for your daughter (available from the College and below), together with an administration fee of £50.00. We will acknowledge receipt of the application form by sending you the acknowledgement slip at the foot of the form so that you can rest assured that we have entered your daughter’s details on to the College database.
You will be invited to attend the College’s Open Evening, which takes place early in October each year. The evening commences with a presentation from the Principal and some of our new students in the Hall at 6pm. You can then enjoy exploring the various departments of the College, speak with our tutors and students.
Parents of prospective Year 7 students are able to put their daughter’s name down to attend a ‘taster day’ at Jersey College for Girls. These days are a great opportunity for students to get a feel of what it will be like at the College, and we try wherever possible to ensure that students from the same primary schools attend on the same day.
Year 7: The Entrance Exam for students wishing to join the College in Year 7 from September 2017 has yet to be confirmed but is usually the first or second Saturday morning in November. Your daughter will sit three papers, all multiple choice in English, Maths and Verbal Reasoning. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to keep past papers; however, we do sell packs of practice papers produced by GL Assessment (the examination body) at £10 per subject. Each pack contains 4 practice papers. These practice papers will be available for purchase at the Open Evening although you can purchase them earlier if you wish from College or from WH Smith.
Years 8 and above: Students wishing to join Years 8 and above at JCG the following September will sit English and Mathematics at the end of January in the same year or at other times according to the preferred date for joining.
In all cases, and in order to assist the College with the admission process, we request student references from the Head of your daughter’s school who will provide us with various information, including her current and predicted working levels and her attitude to study.
*If you are in the UK or based abroad, arrangements can be put in place for your daughter to sit the entrance papers at your daughter’s current school, under exam conditions.
Year 11 students already attending JCG do not need to apply to enter the Sixth Form; however, the following points will help students make the best decisions for their Post 16 choices.
• Attend our A Level Options Evening in November to find out more about your potential A level studies
• Speak to your current subject teacher or a Head of Department about the subject and your suitability for it
• Attend your post 16 interview, held with a senior member of staff
• Confirm your final choices in February
For Year 11 students joining us from elsewhere:
• Firstly, attend our A Level Options Evening in November
• Come for a look around the school with your parents during a normal school day
• Complete our application form, you can download it from this page
• Attend an interview in March at JCG to discuss your choices. This will be followed by a letter offering you
• In August contact the Head of Sixth Form to confirm your results
To join us here at JCG in the sixth form you will need:
• To possess an enjoyment for learning
• A positive attitude towards your studies
• A minimum of five GCSE passes at grade B or above
• GCSE English and Mathematics at a minimum of grade C or above
• To meet the stated criteria in those subjects that you wish to study at A level.
At the end of year 12 you will need a minimum of grade D to continue each individual subject to A2 level. You will need to gain a grade D or above in at least two subjects to continue into year 13.
If you are considering a place at Jersey College for Girls for your daughter this term or in the near future and would like to arrange a tour of the College please contact Mrs Kate Robertson.
If you require any further information on admissions for Years 7-11 please contact Mrs Kate Robertson - email@example.com or tel. 01534 516115 (mornings); tel. 01534 516270 (afternoons) or Mrs Lisa Spiteri, Head of Sixth Form – firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 516267.
Application forms and other useful literature can be found below.
Application form - Years 7 – 11
Application Form - Sixth Form
Home School Agreement - Years 7-11
Home School Agreement - Sixth Form
JCG Preparatory School Admissions Policy revised Sept 2015
JCG Admissions Policy dated October 2015